Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random acts of kindness

Ok, I hadn't planned on writing again this soon but I feel like I have something to say. I've been thinking about how much the small things mean. For example, a smile, a hug, a few kind words can make someone's day. I've been feeling kind of down the last couple of days. Today, I got on facebook and was surprised to see a comment from one of our former youth. Her kind words literally made my day. I think we get so busy with our own lives that we don't take the time to do something kind. It doesn't take something big though. We don't have to do something extravagant or something time-consuming. It can be as simple as a few kind words. We never know what kind of effect they will have on the other person. So, I encourage you to show a little kindness. Send that note (or make that comment), make that call, give that hug. You might just make someone else's day.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

Those little things are the ones that make us smile and sometimes get us through the day. Glad you received one of those unexpected acts of kindness!