Thursday, September 11, 2008

New activities, new opportunities, learning new things

Our cute, little Scout in his monkey suit - that's what he called it.
Caleb is still a legomaniac and Joshua has turned into one too.
We were getting pennies out for a United Way drive at school & Jacob made a star man out of them. That gave Joshua the idea to make a person out of his. They are so creative!

Well, we had our first pack meeting for Cub Scouts this week. It was a bit chaotic but I think Joshua and Jacob are really going to enjoy it. I got a picture of Joshua in his uniform and he looks so cute. I might be a little biased. I will post a picture of Jacob later since I haven't gotten his uniform yet. He told me he wants one of the hats. Joshua doesn't. Jacob's new thing is wanting to know how to write all of our names in cursive. He does a pretty good job writing them for a six year old. I keep telling him that he doesn't have to know how to write in cursive in first grade. I asked him the other day if he is going to be a writer like Caleb when he gets bigger. He has nice handwriting and loves to write words. He also loves to draw so maybe he will write and illustrate his own book someday. Who knows? Speaking of writing. Caleb is also writing for a blog. This summer he got to be a part of the Young Writer's Institute that the Tulsa World put on. Now he is writing for a civics blog that is in connection with the Tulsa World. If you want to check it out the website is www.tulsaworld.com/mockelection. We are so proud of him! The website is mostly for teachers to use with their classrooms but I am spreading the word about our famous son.

1 comment:

Amy Storms said...

Hi, Lisa! Thanks for writing! I can't believe how grown up your kids are--goodness.

We just started our third year of homeschooling. Nathan went to kindergarten and first grade at school, and then he had second, third and now fourth grades at home. The girls are in second and first. It's not something I ever thought I'd do, but...I love it. It works for us.

Hope you guys are doing well. Thanks again for stopping by.

Amy