Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School

Jacob and Mrs. Forbis
Joshua and Jacob on the 1st day of school
Caleb will be as tall as me soon Joshua and Mrs. Ennis





Well, we are getting back into the swing of things with school and various activities. Caleb is enjoying being back at the 6th & 7th grade center and it's been an easier adjustment this year than it was last year. He likes all of his teachers. He's taking three advanced classes - Advanced History (his teacher is Jacob's soccer coach from last year), Pre-Algebra (homework almost every day) and Advanced English (he will be doing lots of creative stuff in this class). He is still in the band - still playing percussion. We got him a guitar and he will hopefully start lessons atleast by October. He is also working on a civics blog with some other middle school students (through the Tulsa World). Joshua has the same teacher that Caleb had for third grade. We are very excited about that because she is Caleb's all-time favorite teacher (he still goes and visits her sometimes). He will be starting cub scouts next week and is really excited about that. He's not playing soccer this year but Jacob is. I will probably have some soccer pictures and scouting pictures to post soon. Jacob might be doing scouts also - if someone volunteers to be the den leader. That someone will definitely not be me! Jacob has the same teacher that Joshua had for first and second grade. We are excited about that also. Kenneth is loving his new job and we are loving having him home more and having him be less stressed. God is so good! I am enjoying having some time to myself again. I am trying to get back into a work-out schedule and I'm trying to catch up on some of my scrapbooking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for you blogging :) I like it. It gives me more to do on the Internet to waste time. haha Love the pictures --- i wonder why my students don't ask for pictures with me on the first day - that stinks!

3.2.1...Lets GO! said...

I love finding new blogs! Probably means I am on the computer a little much. I can't believe how big your boys have gotten-what a great family, sounds like you are busy but enjoying every moment. It is amazing how busy things get once school and all the activities kick in.