Friday, July 31, 2009

Another year older

My kindergarten picture.
A picture of me with my brother, Chris, when I was in first grade.



Today I am another year older. I won't mention what my age is now even though most of you probably already know. I don't particularly like the number but really it's not the number that bothers me the most. The worse part is looking older and feeling older. If I could look young and more importantly feel young I wouldn't really care about my age. It doesn't help that some of my closest friends are a lot younger than me. It also doesn't help that my children are making me feel old. Partly because it is the end of the summer and they have worn me out and also because they are getting older too. I don't feel like I should be old enough to have a teenage son but I do. There are nice things about my children being older though. They are more independent now which is very nice. And it's wonderful that Caleb can watch his brothers and we don't have to pay for a babysitter. It has given us more freedom than we used to have and has allowed us to go out on dates more. I really do like this season in my life but I wish I could avoid the body changes that come with getting older. I know that's not possible so I guess I will just have to deal with it. I just need to focus on my many blessings instead of focusing on the things I don't like about being _ years old. I have a heavenly Father who loves me more than I can imagine. I have a wonderful extended family and wonderful friends. I have an amazing husband and three boys who keep me on my toes.

P.S. Please don't laugh at the old pictures of me. I know they look old (because they are) so you don't need to tell me how old they look.

4 comments:

kellimoss said...

I love little Lisa! Very cute! Hope your day was fantastic...

brianj33 said...

How could we laugh at you when Chris is wearing those shorts. Awesome!

anxiously hopeful said...

Look at those long skinny legs! If it helps any, I don't think you look your age at all!

Andrea Ediger said...

love those pics ~ and I don't think I've seen either one before (and i love that big wide smile!). Next time I'm there, I want to look at old pics with you!

"Aging seems to be the only option for living..."