Wednesday, December 3, 2008

When are you too old for Twister?




I thought everyone might get a kick out of these pictures. They were actually taken the end of October but I just received them recently. The boys were playing Twister at their grandparents house. Kenneth got the crazy idea that he and I should play. Needless to say, the boys were greatly entertained (as were Kenneth's parents and his aunt - she took the pictures). The game didn't last very long. I finally gave up because I just couldn't hold my position any longer. I don't know if there is an age limit on the box but it's definitely harder to play Twister when your body no longer bends like it used to. Oh, the joys of getting older!

7 comments:

Kenneth said...

I definitely ruled in this game! I think I have found my new sport - over 40 Twister competition. Thanks for being willing to follow another of my ideas.

brianj33 said...

I can't believe you let the old man beat you. I think he must have used his gymnastics skills. Funny you should post this, because my boys just discovered that we have this game. They found it in the bottom of our closet (I think it's about 30 years old & still in mint condition). I've played with them several times but we make up our own rules. Levi took it to a new level when he declared, "Tongue on blue." That pretty much ended it.

anxiously hopeful said...

If you'd like, we can bring over our Twister game the next Sat. that we get together! I have a feeling Lane would have us all beat.

Unknown said...

this made me laugh! I love that you all did it!
And i'm cracking up that kenneth just made his own over 40 joke! Good job Kenneth - way to accept it! haha And I will happily come support you in your over 40 Twister meets.
And to Beth - yes, i agree lane would whip us so let's just declare his victory now and not go through with the competition!

kellimoss said...

umm...I'm not sure I understand why people assume I'm some kind of closet twister prodigy. I don't know how to take it, flattered, insulted, I don't know. Either way, I think the competition sounds like a fantastic idea...and sorry shanna, you won't be getting out of it as easily as you got out of A|Zero last night.

Lane

Kenneth said...

Lane, if it makes you feel any better I don't think you are a twister prodigy. I think we have now set the entertainment for the next time we get together. Sounds like including some of Levi's rules could make it more interesting. Scares me to think what some of the other rules that Brian or Lane could come up with.

kellimoss said...

hilarious! silliness is so sweet!