Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Missing People

No, I don't mean that people are missing and I don't know where they are. I mean that I am missing people right now. Those of you who know my husband know how important relationships are to him. Even though it's not quite the extent that it is with him, relationships are very important to me also. I HATE living far away from the people that I love! If I had it my way, everyone that I love would live within a couple of hours of me. I'm really missing my brother, sister-in-law, nephews and niece. I haven't seen them since June which is way too long. I'm missing my husband right now since he is out of town AGAIN. Hopefully this will be the last time for a while. I'm missing my good friend, Holly. It's been a year since I've seen her.

I'm also missing my mom a lot. This time of year always makes me miss her more. She loved Christmas and I have inherited that love from her. Christmas just isn't quite the same without her and without my brother and his family. I think there is a good lesson to learn in this. When I am with Holly, Chris and his family, or someone else who I don't get to see very often I treasure every minute that I'm with them because I know the time will go by quickly and it won't be long enough. Really, we should be that way with all of our relationships. We should treasure every minute that we have them because we really never know how much more time we have left. My blog is called LiveLoveLaugh because it is a good reminder for me. I need to live in the moment. I need to love with everything in me. I need to laugh more and worry/stress less. I encourage you to treasure the moments and express your love and appreciation more often. Time is precious and fleeting! There's no guarantee that we will get another chance.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

Awesome thoughts! I think it is tough for us to live in the moment and really appreciate it. That distance and lack of time help remind us how important those relationships are. You know that you are preaching to the choir with me, but I think we need a week spent with those closes to us. Sounds like a group vacation this year with all of our friends invited! Hmm... how can we make that work?