Friday, May 1, 2009

A Wet Day at the Zoo

I volunteered to go with Jacob's class to the zoo yesterday. If I would have known that the weather would be nasty and that I wouldn't be feeling well I probably wouldn't have volunteered. It started raining on the drive out there and rained almost the whole time we were there. I had an umbrella so I didn't get soaked but Jacob was very wet because he didn't want to stay under the umbrella very much. We spent a lot of time inside the buildings - along with a ton of other school groups. The kids didn't seem to mind the rain and still had a good time. I think it was harder on the parents! It will definitely be a memory for them. Today I'm going to try to find some rain ponchos because tomorrow Joshua, Jacob and I will be outside all day for a Scout activity and I'm pretty sure we're going to get wet again. Hopefully we don't end up with pneumonia! I have a cold and the boys have both had coughs. The things we do for our kids! I've decided that spring definitely is not my favorite season. I'm really tired of allergy problems, wind and rain. I'm not really ready for the heat of summer yet though. A nice fall day sounds wonderful. I guess I'll have to wait a while for that.

Jacob's very wet first grade class.
Jacob and Watson wanted to pet and brush the wet sheep and goats. Gross!
The boys thought it was fun to slide on the wet floor.

Watson was Jacob's partner for the day. His full name is Brian Watson Jennings but he goes by Watson. It's really funny because one of our ministers at church is Brian Jennings.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: