Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A long, wet, muddy Saturday


Just a warning. This blog will probably turn into two or three blogs because I can't narrow down the pictures. This last Saturday Joshua, Jacob and I ventured out to Zink Ranch for the Cub Scout Mom and Me campout (we didn't spend the night). We got out there around 7:30 am and didn't leave until around 9:00 pm. We were really tired by the end of the day (my legs and feet are still sore from so much walking). It rained for the first 2 1/2 hours we were there. I was afraid it was going to rain all day. It cleared up though and was just very cool and very muddy. The boys loved it though so it was worth it. Jacob finally got to do bb's and archery which he's been wanting to do all year. The both enjoyed the archery the most and Jacob also enjoyed the zipline (Joshua didn't want to try it). They also got to do a wood craft, make lanyards, make paper airplanes and learn some survival skills. It was a very full day! By the end of the day Jacob's jeans and hiking boots were covered in mud. I just threw away his boots because they were really disgusting and he would probably outgrow them before the fall anyway.

I learned my lesson from going to the zoo. I bought us all ponchos to wear.
Jacob was very excited about finally getting to shoot a bb gun. He got to shoot three different times.
Joshua enjoyed shooting the bb gun also but he liked archery more.
Jacob on the zipline - he was a little nervous but thought it was fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: