Thursday, October 30, 2008

Surviving

Joshua wanted his hair half-black and half-red like the Union symbol. Black didn't show up too much.
Jacob - the cool dude with the red, faux-hawk.

My crazy hair boys


Mismatch Day



Well, we've almost survived the week. It's been a very, long week with Kenneth being gone and me having a cold that won't go away. I told my Sunday school class not too long ago that I know that God wants me to thrive - not just survive- but this has been one of those weeks where I feel like all I can do is survive. So far, Joshua and Jacob have managed to avoid the stomach virus that is running rampant at their school. Joshua came home early yesterday and Jacob came home early today. They both felt sick to their stomachs but I think it was just in their heads. I would rather have it be in their heads than coming out of their stomachs. Joshua and Jacob have had Red Ribbon week this week - it's a special Just Say No to drugs emphasis week. They had something special each day. I have pictures to post from two of the days - Mismatch Day and Crazy Hair day. It's really hard for me to let them leave the house with their clothes not matching. The crazy hair thing is actually easier - of course I know they aren't the only ones with crazy hair. They love doing crazy hair day and it's probably good practice for me for when Jacob is a teenager. He got to have a faux-hawk this year. He wanted one last year but we couldn't because he cut his hair and we had to buzz it. It was too short for a mohawk/faux-hawk.

3 comments:

anxiously hopeful said...

I'm so glad to hear that they didn't get the funk. One more day and Kenneth will be home!

3.2.1...Lets GO! said...

WOW-congrats on making it through the week! Along with all the school stuff and sickness it sounds like it was a tad crazy...but then it always is when your other half is gone, or so it seems. Brayden would have LOVED the crazy hair day. Thankfully he can't read so he missed all the hair color in the halloween section!

Chris Ediger said...

Our kids had the same anti-drugs emphasis last week as well. Emerie came home & showed me her red ribbon. I asked her what it meant & she said, "It means you should say no if someone is trying to drug you." How true.