Friday, April 10, 2009

My WILD child!

Jacob is full of life, energy and craziness!
What a cutie! I enjoy watching him try things even though it scares me sometimes.
Jacob sticks his tongue out when he concentrates. His brothers and his Dad do this too.

Jacob is definitely the most daring of my three boys. I let him try things that I never would have let Caleb do at that age. He's been bugging us for almost a year to get him a skateboard ramp. I was really afraid we would end up with some broken bones (which we still might). We got him a small beginner's ramp - complete with helmet and padding. We had told him that he had to be seven to have a ramp. The morning of his birthday when I woke him up the first words out of his mouth were "Will you buy me a ramp now?" He didn't know that we'd already gotten him one. He's still getting the hang of it with his skateboard but he loves using it with his bike. He even caught some air (his words) once after building up a lot of speed. Now he thinks he needs a grinding rail. I said no for right now. He got some rollerblades from his grandparents so he's into blading now too. I'm sure it won't be long before he wears his rollerblades and uses the ramp. It's pretty amazing that he hasn't had any stitches or broken bones yet (knock on wood). Seven years without serious injury is pretty good for this kid.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

3.2.1...Lets GO! said...

I think Brayden would be at your house in a minute if he saw the ramp in your front yard. It is so fun to see them get excited over stuff like that-funny thing is that for all the worrying we moms do, for those WILD kids injury seems to keep it's distance.